Monday, March 29, 2010

Something actually happened!

Wow... Something actually happened recently. I sent in my medical and dental forms months ago. Haven't heard anything since. I actually contacted the Seattle office and they said this is pretty normal. I understand, yet, don't like the fact that the process takes so long. I've almost forgotten that I've even applied to the PC in the first place! A lot of the zeal and passion that I felt when I first signed up has waned a bit. Is that normal?
In any case, I just got my refund checks back form OMS. That has to be a good sign! I'm starting to get excited again. The recruiter at the Seattle PC office said if I don't hear anything by May, then I should see what's going on.... but until then, I sit and wait anxiously.
That's all for now... hopefully something exciting happens soon!

5 comments:

  1. Don't count on it. Got my money back months ago. I pretty sure my medical package is keeping a table in the PC cafeteria from wobbling. Yours is probably the next table over. Maybe that's our contribution to society ... unspilled soup !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would maybe call your nurse. I have been waiting for a while too...I am entering my 12th week of silence so I called and left a message. It turns out my nurse is no longer working for the PC so they assigned me a new nurse. After days of trying to contact my new nurse I finally spoke to her today. She said give it another week or two....so the waiting game continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I wrote an email to the Seattle office. they said to wait 'til May to hear anything.... that seems like such a long wait. I guess I don't understand why it takes so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had some advice for ya, I really do. Wife and I started this process last May, sent our med forms Nov, and nada since. Well not nada, we got dental done, but everybody gets that cleared within a week. I feel like I've gone through the 7 stages of grief through all this ... and now have even created an 8th stage ... the 'Whatever Stage'.

    Try to treat it like a cat. You can call and call till your blue in the face, but sit back and crack open the newspaper, and lo and behold the sucker is purring in your lap.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, will do. good luck with your adventures in waiting.

    ReplyDelete